Food safety approval at a chain of High Street food shops
A successful, fast-growing chain of High Street food shops, serving sushi, noodles, stir-fry, and other Asian dishes was looking to rationalise the supply of fish and meat to their stores by setting up a Production and Distribution Centre.
Health & safety at a local butcher’s shop
Steve was called, whilst working for a local authority, to investigate an incident reported in the local newspaper of a serious incident that had occurred at a local butcher’s shop.
SALSA / BRC accreditation for a start-up company
Steve was called in to assist an ambitious start-up company wishing to achieve SALSA accreditation for their new to market organic vegetarian pasta product.
Pest control for a London hotel
Within seven days, they had caught just under 300 mice. All identified proofing works were completed over the next two weeks. Within four weeks it was confirmed the hotel was clear of rodent activity and visits were reduced to twice a month.
Food safety management at a chicken & burger shop
A small chicken and burger shop, part of a small chain, had been visited by a very conscientious EHO. Unfortunately, they were not operating to the best of standards. This gave them a Notice to improve standards and a FHRS 0 rating!
Food safety approval at a wet-fishmongers
One of London’s prominent multi-site Wet-Fishmongers wanted to supplement his sales offer by producing his own hot and cold-smoked fish and related products. He was adamant that he could produce a better range and higher quality product than that he was being supplied
Event safety at one of the Country’s Largest Multi-Event Showgrounds
The owners of one of the country’s largest multi-event showgrounds needed to update and upgrade their Food Safety Policy and hygiene practice documents for events.
Event safety at a one-day Halloween open air music festival
Steve was engaged to provide Food Safety and Health & Safety at a one-day Halloween Open Air Music Festival to support the Event Organisers and protect attending public.
Food complaints, suspected food poisoning at a top hotel
A couple, celebrating their 25th Wedding Anniversary dining at a top Hotel, claimed they became ill after eating at the restaurant. They had also consumed a number of cocktails. The onset of the illness allegedly started in the hotel lift leaving the dining room.
Health & safety at a large Middle-Eastern importer
Steve was contacted by a large middle-Eastern importer. Their warehouse facilities had been found to be sub-standard in terms of Health and Safety and there were also concerns about the lack of controls for refrigerated and frozen goods.
Pest control for a renowned event caterer
Mice were being regularly found within a renowned event catering site. This was despite the best efforts of a well-known Pest Contractor and there being no identifiable pest entry points...
Food safety in a foreign country
Steve is fortunate to work for International groups, such as Diversey/Sealed Air and Clifton Environmental. Their clients include the Shangri-La hotel Group, Starbucks, Hyatt, Accor - Novotel/Ibis and their UK and International hotels and outlets.